Hansell Tierney is helping our client, the personal Estate Management Services Firm for a HIGH-PROFILE, HIGH NET-WORTH FAMILY in the NW, with long-term, open-ended Contractor search for a Procurement Specialist.
Location - Kirkland, WA
Duration - open-ended and long term (multi-year) - this is how this organization does their long term hiring
Must be able to pass a very extensive background check
Summary: The Procurement Specialist is responsible for assisting the organization's business partners with vendor research and contract administration.
Required Education and Experience:
- Assist internal business partners with vendor research and selection, and with RFI/RFQ/RFPs.
- Vet new vendors as needed before they are onboarded.
- Provide Procurement guidance on new vendors and spend.
- Follow company rules and guidelines when reviewing contracts.
- Collaborate with internal business partners on contract details.
- Under guidance of Procurement Manager, negotiate terms and conditions of contracts.
- Present and explain contract conditions and details to business partners, employees, and management. Confirm contract terms are understood by internal business partners.
- Maintain documentation and records.
- Monitor contract deadlines and conditions to ensure timelines are kept and all relevant payments or information has been met.
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in business administration, or related field required
- Five years previous experience in procurement, contract administration, or related field.
- Procurement/Purchasing certifications a huge plus.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.