Hansell Tierney is helping our client, the personal Estate Management Services Firm for a HIGH-PROFILE, HIGH NET-WORTH FAMILY in the NW, with a search for a Security Engineer.
Location - Kirkland, WA
Duration - open-ended and long term (multi-year) - this is how this organization does their long term hiring
Travel: to be determined
This position reports to the Chief Information Security Officer.
Must be able to pass a very extensive background check
Summary: Our CLIENT is looking for a seasoned information security professional to become a contributing member of its Information Security team. The team is responsible for the security of all company and customer information assets across multiple sites and LLCs. A strong candidate will have at least 7 years of experience in information technology industry, 5 of which are in the information security sector.
The position’s main focus will be providing internal business units with various services to aid in ensuring the company delivers secure services to our customers as well as compliance with policy requirements. As the role is heavily reliant on an understanding of IT security issues and technology, the candidate will be expected to display knowledge of anti-virus, intrusion detection, firewall, SIEM, and vulnerability management concepts. Experience with cloud-based security design and solutions is desired. In addition, the candidate must be able to make quick decisions, sometimes on minimal information, and be able to communicate those decisions in a clear and concise manner to members of the organization and upper management as required. The candidate must work well independently and within a team, have excellent communication skills, demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills, have an in-depth knowledge about security issues and understand what it means to own a system end-to-end. The ability to communicate complex issues in a simple manner, both written and verbally is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Daily management of security services and related systems such as intrusion detection/prevention, vulnerability management, SIEM, and security incident response
- Identifying and responding to security incidents, including investigation, response, and resolution
- Monitor information security intelligence theaters and keep abreast of pertinent events, research, and developments
- Develop in-house solutions for maintaining security posture
- Engineer security solutions, implement tools that promote these solutions, and coordinate plans to apply this technology
- Perform security audits of internal systems, applications, and processes for compliance with security standards and policies
- Work with internal business units to perform threat and risk analysis and provide recommendations for mitigation
- Partner with website development team to complete full security audits of the website infrastructure and application code. Consult with applicable team members to advise, prioritize and oversee remediation of identified vulnerabilities.
- Develop and propose technologically sound and robust solutions in response to business requirements
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Certifications: Desired but not required
- Hands on knowledge of security technologies such as intrusion detection systems, server technologies, networking components, and remote access technologies, encryption, and authentication / authorization
- Experience with supporting cloud-based security solutions at an enterprise level
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365, Azure and related security, privacy and compliance solutions
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Cisco, and Linux based operating systems
- Advanced knowledge of IP-based protocols
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining network security and network systems including LANs/WANs/VPNs/Firewalls
- Experience with web application security best practices and standards
- Experience in development from a security perspective in one or more of the following: Java, Perl, C/C++, SQL, ASP/ASP.NET, scripting (WMI, etc.)