Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a direct hire search for a GIS Data Analyst Lead
- Downtown Seattle
GIS Data Analyst Lead
You are an experienced GIS leader
who is energized by solving problems using location-based data. You take pride in evangelizing GIS to business customers and enabling critical business processes through timely, accurate, and innovative data management services and solutions. You speak both “GIS” and “IT”.
In this role
you will lead the GIS Services Data Stewardship team. You will design, develop, deploy, and administer SQL Server geodatabases and integration services. You will develop relationships with internal customers throughout various business units, and acquire a thorough understanding of their data. You will collaborate with these customers, other Information Technology (IT) teams, and GIS professionals to deliver GIS data management, analytic, and cartographic services.
Team Lead Responsibilities
GIS Data Architect Responsibilities
- Lead the GIS Data Stewardship team within GIS Services. Manage a team of four GIS analysts located in multiple US offices.
- Provide leadership with respect to strategic vision and tactical use of GIS data for managing our client's portfolio.
- Leverage deep relationships with business partners, IT partners, and technology experts to support our internal customers and identify, prioritize and ensure successful implementation of GIS data initiatives.
- Consult with IT management and business partners to ensure the project portfolio and roadmap is planned for the GIS Data Stewardship team, including data initiatives, integration opportunities, software upgrades, etc.
- Design geodatabases, GIS layers/views, integrations, and sophisticated ETL processes using SQL Server, SSIS, ArcGIS Server/ArcSDE, and Python.
- Work with DBA resources to monitor and optimize database performance (including spatial indexes), perform upgrades, and implement database security on development, test, and production SQL Servers.
- Oversee our client's extensive raster library of imagery and LiDAR products.
- Work closely with the various business units in the development of business cases, financial analysis, project charters, process definitions, and functional requirements for medium to large-sized projects.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to advance our client's vision by incorporating GIS technology and integration into various systems.
- Educate IT teams on GIS trends, benefits and risks, and effectively communicates the value and opportunity of emerging technologies.
- In coordination with the GIS Tools/Technology team, helps oversee GIS Services’ migration to the cloud by 2020.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of progressive, relevant GIS and information technology experience.
- Experience managing a small team.
- Experience leading large, complex and enterprise-wide GIS solutions and projects.
- Possess high attention to detail, ensuring that data quality and information is consistently maintained.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, proficient in communicating technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrate excellent collaboration skills while working together with others across GIS, business, and IT groups.
- Proven ability to operate and effectively communicate while under pressure; as well as the ability to manage a diverse workload and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- This position requires occasional travel up to 25%.
- Possess expert-level GIS technical knowledge and skills (both vector and raster), including enterprise geodatabase design, geodatabase administration, spatial relationships, analysis, scripting, and cartography.
- Deep knowledge of how various IT and GIS technologies are integrated
- Ability to write complex SQL statements to query and analyze data, including the use of spatial data types.
- Proficient with the ESRI ArcGIS platform, including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS SDE/Server/Enterprise and ArcGIS Online.
- Working knowledge of geodatabase versioning and SQL Server spatial data types.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models including both agile/iterative and traditional project management principles.
- Familiarity with Azure and AWS cloud environments a plus.
- Working knowledge of ITIL/ITSM principles and practices.
- Data visualization experience, including PowerBI.