Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
Location: Seattle, WA
Duration: 12 month contract
We are looking for a Sr Technical Project Manager that will be responsible for IT Business Solutions for leading and managing highly complex projects including the Data Warehouse Modernization. This includes working with the staff, management and supervisory levels assigned to each business unit. The Sr Technical Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of development and implementation, from project planning through implementation and closure, for projects that are both highly complex and have broad business impact. The Sr Technical Project Manager is accountable to the IT Division, and partners with IT Business Solutions, the business customers and solution providers to ensure a top quality project outcome.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with organization competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Ensure expected business outcomes for all projects are adequately defined, reported on, and measured at the completion of a project.
- Develop detailed work plans for highly complex or specialized projects.
- Define project scope and objectives.
- Lead the project team in the successful planning, management, and implementation of projects.
- Ensure that executive sponsors, project sponsors, stakeholders, and team members receive consistent and timely communication regarding project status, issues and risks.
- Manage project budget including the creation of a budget forecast and reconciliation of actual spend against forecast.
- Follow the prescribed project management methodology on all projects.
- Ensure all facets of projects are documented including, but not limited to, project implementation, disaster recovery, production support plans, and control documents per the project methodology.
- Manages the activities of partners and outside resources that may be working on assigned projects.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Effective verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language required.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in business or computer science or equivalent work or educational experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience leading projects or serving in a project management type of role, or equivalent educational experience required; 10 years are preferred.
- Project management professional certification (PMP) required.
- Project management experience in the consulting arena preferred.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and remove obstacles from project path required.
- Excellent communication, leadership, negotiation and project management skills required.
- Excellent conceptual, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule and implement multiple technical and business related projects required.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.