Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a direct hire search for a DevOps Manager.
Location - Downtown Seattle
Duration - FTE
The DevOps Manager is a DevOps evangelist. They are the keeper of the DevOps processes and procedures, unifying the roles of software development and IT operations to put software into production. This person will ensure the reliable, secure and scalable operation of our client's high-availability SaaS product.
Quality & Reliability
- Ensure 24x7 availability and effective performance of production applications and systems.
- Manage operational aspect of production and development servers.
- Quantify and evaluate quality metrics to ensure application uptime.
- Continually assess the infrastructure to make applications more consistent and reliable over time.
- Technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, data validation, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainability of technical solutions.
- Develop and implement standards and processes for operations that pro-actively prevent problems from occurring.
- Active monitoring, alert management, reporting, and process reviews.
- Automate and manage large-scale deployment of multi-stack software builds across various platforms.
- Manage review and approval of new code through security and performance gates that you will design and develop for feature-complete software.
- Work closely with the Development and User Experience teams in release planning, preparation, validation, and monitoring.
- Build and manage the DevOps team.
- Partner with other technical leaders to drive design, architecture and technology decisions.
- Identify technical and process improvement opportunities and advocate to get them implemented.
- Provide process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards.
- Advocate for security and performance standards in the organization.
- 10+ years of experience in systems or software engineering.
- 5-7+ years of DevOps Manager or related experience with increasing responsibilities.
- 3+ years of experience in a team lead or management role.
- Full understanding of software development life-cycle best practices.
- Strong coding methodologies & best practices.
- Cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships.
- Managing high-availability SasS systems
- Logging & monitoring tools (ELK Stack, PRTG, Graphite).
- Continuous integration and deployment automation tools (Octopus, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Ansible, Chef).
- Source control revision tools (GIT, SVN, RCS, CVS)
- Database tuning & troubleshooting experience (SQL Server).
- Agile Development (SCRUM, Kanban, or Extreme Programming methodologies).
- Working knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, SMTP, HTTP).
- Knowledge of IT and Security best practices (ITIL, OWASP) and compliance (ISO).