Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a direct hire search for an Engineering Manager (Core Product UX).
Location - Seattle, WA
Duration - FTE
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
Our client is seeking an Engineering Manager of Core Product UX to own development of their user experience. You will lead the efforts to architect, spec, and develop the UX across mobile, web, and client software. You will be as deeply involved in developing features as you are in the process of determining what to build and how it should function. Your team’s work will light up new functionality and improve usability for millions of end users.
In the role, you:
- Function as the development manager for the team of UX developers as both ‘player’ and ‘coach’, actively coding in addition to conducting in-depth technical reviews of your team’s work.
- Drive your team’s vision and long term plans - set direction, hold work to a high standard, and participate directly in the specification of new UX to focus on the most important customer problems and most promising business opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with your product management counterpart and with leaders inside and outside the engineering team to collect and analyze product feedback and communicate decisions about feature design and prioritization.
- On the technical side, you and your team will conceive and build truly innovative new capabilities around video that don’t exist in any other product today. This work will be extremely challenging and at least as rewarding when you and your team are successful.
- Your work is adored by your customers and you derive huge personal satisfaction in making their lives simpler and improving their productivity.
- You thrive and take ownership in an environment with ambiguity - asking the right questions to bring order out of chaos.
- You aren’t afraid to think big when establishing vision, but you know how to develop a plan in steps that deliver incremental value.
- You are highly motivated to move quickly, but you insist on high standards and delivering great results. You are thoughtfully self-critical of your work and your team’s work, always looking for ways to improve.
- You can clearly and concisely communicate complex, nuanced ideas to a variety of audiences: engineers, non-technical employees, customers, and partners.
- 10+ years of experience
- You come from a development (coding) background with years of experience as a people manager. You have a strong track record designing, building, and shipping customer-facing software features and UX.
- You have a background as a systems developer, having built, shipped, and maintained complex architectures of components that communicate asynchronously and with fault tolerance.
- You have built complex server side or rich client-side web tech and have a working knowledge of building for mobile (either native apps or responsive web pages).
- You have expertise in web APIs (REST or SOAP) and scalable web services infrastructure.
- You have a deep understanding of asynchronous, client-server architecture, service scalability, fault tolerance, error handling, and log-based diagnostics.
- You have a strong working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and coding patterns for high performance software.
- You have a 4-year degree in computer science.
- Experience working with streaming video, audio/video capture and editing software
- Experience with cloud authentication systems and AWS cloud infrastructure