Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a search for an Accounting Manager for their growing team.
Duration - 3 month contract to hire
Location - Seattle, WA - LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
The Accounting Manager works closely with all accounting personnel, as well as others across the organization, to lead the day-to-day accounting functions of the company as it expands within the US and internationally. This position will develop and improve accounting processes and systems in order to drive efficiencies and best practices. Organization, detail-orientation, team management and communication are critical to the success of this role. This position reports to the Manager of Accounting.
- Maintain accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure FASB, GAAP, IFRS and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Manage all aspects of accounting, including cash, revenue and inventory.
- Manage a team of 4 accountants.
- Manage monthly accounting close efforts including the preparation and review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, reserves, and intercompany transactions and eliminations.
- Implement and administer internal control policies, procedures and processes for accounting.
- Lead the communication and implementation of new accounting practices, policies, and procedures across the Company, both domestically and internationally.
- Support the annual audit process.
- Manage the accounting team, including the establishment of operational objectives and assignments.
- Develop training and development opportunities for the accounting team.
- Bachelor's degree, with emphasis on Accounting of Finance
- Experience managing an accounting team
- Comprehensive understanding of financial accounting and reporting under GAAP, IFRS and SEC requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of accounting policies and procedures, internal controls, and risk mitigation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Powerpoint applications
- Adept at creating practical solutions to daily business challenges.
- Excellent planning, analysis and execution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Proven success leading a team of people to achieve specified objectives using a collaborative management style.
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and processes simultaneously.
- Ecommerce or Retail industry background
- Experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing environments
- Collaborative and customer-service work style
- Experience with SAP preferred
- CPA Preferred