Hansell Tierney is assisting our CLIENT, a leading provider of technology-enabled search solutions to recruit a Senior Software Engineer.
Location: Bellevue, WA
We are looking for a Senior/Principal level Software Engineer to help us build next generation platforms and search channels. If you like to develop with cloud services, work with search engines like Elastic Search, process large volumes of data or work on optimization algorithms, then you will enjoy working with us. Flexibility, a drive to have an impact, solve tough engineering problems, and the ability to collaborate & communicate effectively are keys to success in this position.
- Have end to end ownership for systems and services. You will design, develop, and launch services. You will have a thorough understanding of the overall system.
- Document scenarios, debug, evaluate, and test services.
- Own the implementation of key features or sub-components.
- Lead the implementation of good software engineering practices.
- Collaborate & communicate effectively with remote teams.
- A BS in CS or a similar analytical discipline or equivalent experience, and at least 7 years of experience shipping code and deploying services.
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming & related principles, and service oriented architectures.
- Applicable experience with at least couple of the following programming languages: C#, C/C++, Java, or Python
- Familiarity with AWS services and DBMS including Redshift is a plus.