Hansell Tierney is assisting our client with their search for a Software Test Developer with VBScript in SeaTac, WA
Location: SeaTac, WA
Duration: 6 Month Contract to Hire
Reports To: IT Quality Assurance Supervisor
Assists the development teams in testing software modifications. Develops, publishes, implements, maintains and supports test plans and test automation to ensure quality delivery of applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with team members to understand business processes and workflows. Translates business processes and workflow into test cases for manual and automated test case development.
- Develops test cases using multiple test methodologies. Creates tests scripts desktop applications using test automation tools.
- Documents and tracks issues found and assists in their resolution. Develops reports for test results and works with project teams to ensure their review and disposition.
- Regular attendance and timeliness are essential functions of this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with an emphasis in technology and 2-4 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to facilitate work with technical personnel and business managers/administrators.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Two years’ experience in software test development, documenting defect and test case flow in a business environment is required.
- Must have experience with VB script, knowledge of software development lifecycle, and understanding of Agile development methodologies.
- Good interpersonal communication and teamwork skills with a proven track record of excellent customer service skills, effective communication with teams, and providing technical guidance to users.
- Preferential consideration for having knowledge of the following products:
- Test Complete (SmartBear Software)
- JAVA FX
- Visual Studio
- SQL Query Language
- Universe (Rocket Software)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to enter information and instructions into a computer keyboard. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee must be able to read information displayed on a computer monitor.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.