Hansell Tierney has a direct hire opportunity for a Quantitative Analyst in Bellevue, WA.
Duration: FTE, Direct Hire
Location: Greater Seattle Area
The analyst will work on quantitative projects and assist in research. The role requires a postgraduate level of statistics. There will be a steep learning curve on statistical theory and also in acquiring domain knowledge in investments. The analyst will be involved in all aspects of the projects; from assembling datasets, reading relevant research papers, writing code in languages, Matlab and R, as well as writing research reports. A significant amount of time will be spent in conducting custom research and reports for clients.
The role offers the opportunity to work with some of the largest institutional investors in the world with the goal of helping to provide for retirement and financial security.
The responsibilities include:
Required skills and experience:
- Working with a small research team in managing institutional investment portfolios for clients globally.
- Conducting analysis into capital markets research relevant to the management of equity and currency portfolios.
- Conducting quantitative analysis on the excess return potential in different asset classes and markets.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of quantitative forecasting tools.
- Providing analysis, data and reporting support for clients.
- Quantitative skills:
- Master's degree in a subject with high quantitative content, e.g. mathematics, statistics, economics, econometrics, finance, physics, computer science.
- Exceptional candidates with Bachelor's degrees will also be considered.
- Significant practical experience in statistical modeling, preferably in time series.
- Experience with Excel and VBA.
- Knowledge of one or more of Matlab, R, S-PLUS.
- Knowledge of other languages such as C++ and Python is a plus, but not required.
- Prior experience working with financial data sources is a plus, but is not required.
- Other required qualifications:
- High level of professionalism - confidentiality and attention to detail.
- Forward thinking and ability to work in an environment of change.
- High productivity level: self-motivated, can work independently and take initiative.
- Organizational and prioritization skills: ability to work effectively under tight deadlines, to meet project deliverables.
- Ability to express themselves clearly and succinctly.
- Supporting evidence of strong written presentation skills is a plus.