Hansell Tierney is assisting our client with their search for an Application Support Engineer III.
Location: Seattle, WA
Hansell Tierney is helping our client find a critical thinking, experienced problem solver to join their support team in meeting the growing needs of customers. The successful candidate will possess a track record of complex troubleshooting in a dynamic environment and are interested in new challenges supporting end users.
You will be part of a global, front-line team working with a broad set of customers and relied upon to represent our client through responsive, thoughtful problem-solving to maintain strong relationships. You will demonstrate excellent professional communication skills, apply deductive approaches to troubleshoot issues and document solutions for continuous improvement. In this team-based environment, you will be in the heart of the action with opportunities to learn from others, grow your skills and accelerate your career. Come work with other down-to-earth, smart people who love to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done in the face of big, exciting challenges!
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Be an ambassador, positively represent our client and develop goodwill in all customer interactions ranging from staff to high-level decision-makers
- Approach users with a can-do attitude, efficient approach and dependable follow-through
- Diagnose nuanced performance issues spanning multiple software components
- Replicate, describe, and troubleshoot complex bugs and product issues and capture actions taken in our ticketing system
- Prioritize support tickets and exercise individual judgment based on issue severity
- Manage the ticket escalation process and work closely with engineering team in reporting and tracking software bug resolution
- Help build our knowledge base by actively updating and adding to product documentation, FAQ’s and support materials
- Be a role model for other levels of support engineers and find opportunities to improve timelines and efficiency
- Be ready and willing to step up where needed to provide superior customer service
- Expert troubleshooting and problem-solving skills in a professional environment
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, embrace change, and show good judgment
- Track record of professional and effective verbal and written communication skills with customers and end users
- Experience in one or many areas such as online technologies, online services, software coding/testing, video production or editing, or similar web or video application tools
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows/Mac OS/browser, hardware, Windows server 2008/2012, IIS, Windows Media Services, and Microsoft SQL 2008/2016, networking, web applications troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of how to use perfmon, Fiddler, Wireshark, or similar diagnostic tools