Sr. Technical Program Manager - UX
Hansell Tierney is helping our client with a Direct Hire search for a Sr. Technical Program Manager - UX.
Location: Seattle, WA
As a Senior Technical PM, you will take ownership of the design of our client’s UX interfaces across Mobile, Web, and Client software. Your designs will improve usability for the millions of students, teachers, and knowledge workers. You will design new features that help us continue our exponential growth curve and extend our customer base to tens of millions of users. In this role, you will:
- Create innovative UX designs that bring the power of our client’s platform to users in simple and intuitive interfaces without surfacing unnecessary complexity.
- Work side-by-side with developers to ensure your feature designs are implemented faithfully and to adapt your designs on-the-fly.
- Run lightweight ‘hallway’ usability studies and work with the customer success team to gather customer feedback and refine and improve your designs.
- Collaborate with engineering management to refine and help prioritize the product roadmap, choosing which problems to solve, in which order, and at what level of depth.
- Partner with the customer success and support teams to understand pain points and design product changes and new features to improve the customer experience.
- Define key customer experience metrics and work with the development team to add or enhance our measurement of customer behavior to drive product investment.
You have a strong track record designing and shipping customer-facing software features and UX. Your designs meet business needs, are a pleasure for customers to use, and are technically feasible to produce within schedule. You have one of these backgrounds:
-- or --
- A talented Technical PM that has successfully ‘pinch hit’ as an interaction or workflow designer by producing wireframe designs. You desire to take extend your formal ownership beyond TPM to include workflow design.
- A talented interaction designer that has successfully ‘pinch hit’ as a TPM by defining feature specifications to accompany your designs. You desire to extend your ownership to include holistic feature design and product direction.
Either path you took:
- You have basic coding or scripting abilities, know how to query databases for metrics, can play with web APIs, and understand how multiple components of a complex system interface with each other. Likely started your career in Development and moved more into UX and.or Program Management along the way
- Your work is adored by your customers and you derive huge personal satisfaction in empowering your customers, making their lives simpler and improving their productivity.
- You naturally take ownership when you encounter a problem.
- You thrive in an environment with ambiguity - asking the right questions to bring order out of chaos and spread that order to your peers.
- You aren’t afraid to think big when establishing vision, but you know how to develop a plan in steps that delivers incremental value without boiling the ocean.
- You are highly motivated to move quickly, but you insist on high standards and delivering great results. You are thoughtfully and positively critical of your own work and your team’s work, always looking for ways to improve.
- You are exceptionally well organized, allowing you to manage multiple large, complex projects simultaneously.
- You can clearly and concisely communicate complex, nuanced ideas to a variety of audiences: engineers, non-technical employees, customers, and partners.
- You excel at drawing out contrarian viewpoints and finding shared solutions.
- You have a 4-year degree in a relevant field and 5+ years of experience