is helping our client, a world-class Hospital, with a contractor search for a Senior Project Manager
with specific background in Infrastructure for Hospital Clinical Facilities
- Seattle (North Seattle)
- 6+ months
No Third Parties
The Senior IT Facilities Project Manager is accountable for the successful assessment, selection and implementation of information systems in support of: New Sites of Care Facilities and Facilities led projects.
Under direction of the IT Facilities Manager, this role oversees and manages IT tasks for the all assigned projects and manages other project support activities. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring project goals and objectives are met within the agreed upon time, scope and budget. This position will drive for results by overseeing the planning, scheduling, budget and coordination of all IT-related work for the projects. Responsibilities will include creating and managing an overall project schedule, developing detailed task plans, resource alignment, reporting on critical milestones, managing issues and risks, communicating project status, progress, risks and issues to key stakeholders; developing, base-lining, managing and reporting on project budget; keeping high level project information updated in the IT Facilities project portfolio and Weekly Activity Report, on a regular basis.
This position requires facilitation of work across multiple IT groups and is considered the single point of contact for IT activities on the projects, as assigned. This position is also responsible for collecting IT infrastructure requirements, procurement, tracking and delivery of products and services associated with all IT components of the projects; developing work breakdown structures, organizing IT work plans, following IT processes, oversight of implementation work and ensuring team members are charging time and materials appropriately.
New Sites of Care and other Facilities led construction projects (IS component)
- High level of understanding of integrating new technologies in “buildings of the future”. Assessment, selection and implementation of information systems in support of: New Sites of Care, Facilities projects
- Extremely good communicator who is able to work at all levels of the organization.
- Understanding and experience in project budgeting and accounting principles.
- Experience reading floor plans and as-built drawings as they relate to the IS component of building designs, IDFs, MDF, structured cabling, etc. Doesn’t need to be the expert but needs to understand the concepts and things to look for in designing IS infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business, Math, or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrate technical competence
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a project management experience with Clinical/Hospital facilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of project management methodology and tools (PMBOK, or similar)
- Knowledge of best practices and internal/external business issues in own discipline
- Knowledge of software applications, and proficiency with MS Project, MS Office (Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel & Access) and Visio
- Knowledge of, and experience using/administering an MS Project Server
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, and ability to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
- Strong customer service skills, and the ability to interpret customer needs, assess requirements, and identify solutions to nonstandard requests
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to explain difficult issues and build consensus
- Able to establish and maintain effective work relationships at all levels of the organization
- Able to apply best practices and knowledge of internal/external business challenges to improve products, processes or services
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Able to act as a resource for colleagues with less experience