Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with their search for a QA Test Engineer in Beaverton, OR.
Location: Beaverton, OR
A fast-growing Mortgage Servicer in Beaverton, OR is seeking a QA Test Engineer that would ensure high quality of software components of our Mortgage Servicing Platform by designing proper test cases, performing white-box and black-box end-to-end testing and creating automated test scripts. Working with Business Analysts, Software Developers , Managers and End-Users, the QA test engineer must gain deep knowledge of workflows and processes implemented in the system and ensure that test cases and automated scripts provide full coverage of its functionality. As a key member of the software development team, the QA Test Engineer must possess a strong work ethic and a “do what it takes” work style.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Identify process requirements, monitor process implementation, evaluate process-related cases and identify needed corrective and preventive actions.
- Review test cases and scripts for consistency and efficiency to ensure all aspects of application(s)
- Plan, design, and execute all kinds of black and white box tests for Aspen products
- Plan and conduct various types of testing: functional, integration, regression, and performance testing.
- Create automated tests for all types of products in Aspen’s portfolio
- Manage defects in accordance with QA procedures
- Enforce document control procedures for maintaining control within Quality Management System
- Work closely and effectively communicate as a member of cross-functional integrated QA team with other teams, that include IT, Business Analysts, end users
- Effectively utilize and evaluate a variety of QA tools for process improvements
- Prepare necessary reports, interface and coordinate with all levels of staff, including Executive Management
- Provide input to Software Development Manager on test effort assessment and test metrics
- Participate in all QA and Software Development meetings and other activities
- Setup and manage user acceptance tests (UAT) with internal user groups prior to release
- QA test engineer should be self-motivated, work well on a team, have excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of mortgage servicing industry is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of planning, design and execution of all aspects of testing including: Functional, Integration, Load, and Regression testing.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL, ability to write and analyze queries
- Understanding and hands-on experience with testing automation packages/techniques, strong ability to create and update automation scripts
- Knowledge/experience with noSQL database (mongoDB in particular) is a plus
- Ability to read and understand XML/SOAP and JSON
- Ability to integrate CI testing tools with CD tools (Jenkins) is a plus
- Familiarity with MS Office applications, specifically MS Access, Excel, and VBA.
- Must have effective troubleshooting skills in resolving complex issues.
- Demonstrates a courteous, tactful and professional approach with employees and others.
- Ability to accurately establish the length and difficulty of assigned tasks, set reasonable objectives and goals, anticipate and adjust for problems/roadblocks and measure results against goals.
- Ability to perform special assignments as requested by the Software Development Manager, CTO Executive Management of Aspen
- Ability to coordinate the software development lifecycle processes with software engineers, Business Analysts and end users.
Ability to perform and orchestrate multiple activities simultaneously