Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a direct hire search for a GIS Data Lead
- Downtown Seattle
You are an experienced GIS leader
who is energized by solving problems using location-based data. You take pride in evangelizing GIS to business customers and enabling critical business processes through timely, accurate, and innovative data management services and solutions. You speak both “GIS” and “IT”. You are passionate about informed natural resource management, including sustainable forestry.
In this role
you will lead the GIS Services Data Stewardship team. You will design, develop, deploy, and administer SQL Server geodatabases and integration services. You will develop relationships with internal customers throughout various business units and you will acquire a thorough understanding of their data to better service their needs. You will collaborate with these customers, other Information Technology (IT) teams, and GIS professionals to deliver GIS data, analytic, and cartographic services.
GIS Data Architect Responsibilities
Team Lead Responsibilities
- Leverage deep relationships with business partners, IT partners, and vendor experts to identify, prioritize and ensure successful implementation of GIS data initiatives. These initiatives include assessing new third-party datasets, provisioning data for internal use, integrating data from internal GIS systems, and performing upgrades.
- Administer and enhance the enterprise GIS data warehouse that integrates spatial and tabular data from several critical systems.
- Design geodatabases, GIS layers/views, integrations, and sophisticated ETL processes using SQL Server, SSIS, ArcGIS Server/ArcSDE, Python, and iPaaS integration tools.
- Work with DBA resources to monitor and optimize database performance, perform upgrades, and implement database security on development, test, and production SQL Servers.
- Oversee the extensive raster library of imagery and LiDAR products.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to advance the company's vision by incorporating GIS technology and integration into various systems.
- Educate IT teams on GIS trends, benefits and risks, and effectively communicates the value and opportunity of emerging technologies.
- In coordination with the GIS Tools/Technology team, helps oversee GIS Services’ migration to the cloud by 2020.
- Lead the GIS Data Stewardship team within GIS Services. Manage a team of four GIS analysts located in multiple US offices.
- Consult with IT management and business partners to ensure the project portfolio and roadmap is planned for the GIS Data Stewardship team, including data initiatives, integration opportunities, software upgrades, etc.
- Work closely with the various business units in the development of business cases, financial analysis, project charters, process definitions, and functional requirements for medium to large-sized projects.
- Provide leadership with respect to strategic vision and tactical use of GIS data for managing the company's land portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of progressive, relevant GIS and information technology experience.
- Experience leading large, complex and enterprise-wide GIS solutions and projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, proficient in communicating technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrate excellent collaboration skills while working together with others across GIS, business, and IT groups.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- This position requires occasional travel up to 25%.
- Possess expert-level GIS technical knowledge and skills with both vector and raster data, including enterprise geodatabase design, geodatabase administration, spatial relationships, analysis, scripting, and cartography.
- Experience working with relational database systems, especially SQL Server, using ESRI and non-ESRI tools.
- Demonstrated experience integrating IT and GIS technologies using relational databases and/or web services.
- Proficient with the ESRI ArcGIS platform, including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS SDE/Server/Enterprise and ArcGIS Online.
- Working knowledge of geodatabase versioning and SQL Server spatial data types.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models including both agile/iterative and traditional project management principles.
- Experience managing a small team.
- Significant experience with forestry, land management, land sales/acquisitions, and land title concepts and datasets.
- Familiarity with networked GIS datasets.
- Familiarity with Azure and AWS cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of ITIL/ITSM principles and practices.