Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with their search for a Software Development Manager.
Location: Beaverton, OR
We are looking for a dynamic Software Development Manager to lead a group of engineers in delivery of next generation applications and technology. The individual will build out the development group and lead the development process and software strategy for an industry changing organization. Working closely with senior leadership as well as SME end-users to develop and implement greenfield technology and operational based systems.
Short Term Initiatives:
- Work with business units for integration of a new business systems, which can handle all lines of business and interact with other working applications (proprietary, off-the-shelf and customized).
- Create roadmap, architect and build a proprietary application with complete database architecture, functionality mapped to existing processes, compliant with all Federal and State regulations and integrated with above-mentioned accounting software.
- Set cadence and production expectations for product development, rollout, and release.
- The creation of the infrastructure, team, and processes to understand, aggregate, translate and implement the needs of diverse management initiatives through the creation and rapid deployment of technology tools.
- High levels of integrity, optimism, and commitment.
- Non-Specific. Business and leadership savvy are more important than technical ability or experience. A track record of “making stuff happen” is required. The organization is platform agnostic but is currently utilizing Microsoft technologies and Node.js.
- Charismatic and energetic leadership capabilities.
- Capable of building and instilling high levels of trust and confidence.
- Ability to manage both up, down and sideways with and between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to grasp and understand complex business and finance concepts and translate them into detailed technical instructions.
- High degree of ownership and responsibility, with almost obsessive personal need to solve/deliver.
- Patience and comfort working with all levels and types of stakeholders and staff.
- Persistence, perseverance, and willingness to work around the clock for extended periods.
- Focused on "How Can" rather than "What Can’t Be Done". Believes that anything is possible and is driven to prove the point.
- Alchemical ability to distil concepts, problems, needs and issues into products, solutions, and tools.
- Self-starting with low requirement/expectation of hand-holding or detailed direction/instructions. Action oriented and self-reliant.
- Out of the box thinker.