Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with their search for a Database Administrator in Beaverton, OR.
Location: Beaverton, OR
A fast-growing data driven company in Beaverton is seeking a DBA. We rely on our Database Team to support all database servers, including development and production environments. Our Software Development and Business Intelligence teams are an essential part of the company, enabling us to increase efficiency and automation of our business processes and maximize the value derived from our data. We believe that empowering our customers within the business with reliable database solutions and data insights needed to make more informed and better decisions will enable us to further distance ourselves from the competition. We believe that having reliable and well-performing databases, providing actionable reporting and data to our business units will allow us to best serve our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- We believe in and Scrum practice.
- We build database solutions using MS SQL Server, mongoDB, ElasticSearch; we try to use the best tool for the job.
- We manage our SDLC using a collection of industry standard toolsets.
- We strive for full automation of our data and software deployments and delivery.
- Support production database deployments and resolve escalation tickets in accordance with internal SLAs
- Proactively monitor and improve performance and efficiency of company’s data solutions.
- Monitor security of company’s data, come up with solutions for improving cyber security protection of the company’s data assets
- Deliver data-driven solutions using SQL and noSQL technologies.
- Provide database solutions and support which would help our software and business intelligence development teams in delivering machine learning/predictive analytics solutions, complex ETL pipelines, SSIS and SSRS packages, etc
- Assist with developing and enhancing company’s database/data warehouse architecture
- Work with business stake holders to coordinate data and architecture requirements
- Bachelor of Computer Science or degree in related engineering field.
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- 3 years of experience Microsoft SQL Database Administration
- Experience in data warehousing architectures
- Experience building ETL scripts
- Some experience with administration of noSQL data (mongoDB) is preferred.