Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
Location: Seattle, WA
HansellTierney is currently helping our client with their search for an innovative, experienced Scrum Master to support their growing engineering development teams. Excellent candidates will be collaborative, continually improving and work well in a rapidly growing, vibrant workplace. Your role will be as servant leader for 2-4 scrum teams and help reinforce our recent switch to agile development.
You are a team player with minimal supervision, work cross-functionally and closely with engineering and product management to successfully help your team meet their commitments for product delivery. You continually seek to improve our processes and cultivate great scrum practices. This is an opportunity you do not want to miss! Great team, great company, and a great place to learn and grow.
You will have –
- Facilitate the scrum process for 2-4 teams, including coaching on standards and best practices for our organization.
- Keeping your team on track to deliver product functionality in iterative, valuable chunks, while helping maintain code quality over quantity
- Providing servant leadership to the team – pushing the team to increase productivity, making sure the team is set up for success
- Participate in larger Scrum Master team objectives, including process improvement, release preparation, and project management tasks
- Proactively manage risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies, ensuring that are identified, mitigated or escalated as necessary.
- Continually grow skills to enhance your technical expertise and in turn our fledgling project management team
- Remove impediments that would prevent the team from achieving its sprint and release goals (internal and external to the team)
- Constantly driving your teams and the organization to improve!
We would love for you to have –
- 2-4 years of experience as a Scrum Master.
- Servant-leader mentality – you’re there to support and drive your scrum teams.
- Broad experience in software development processes
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision in a results-oriented, fast-paced dynamic environment
- Detail oriented with an ability to support multiple initiatives
- Provide creative solutions to solving challenging problems
- Not afraid to question existing processes and provide ideas for improvement
- A constant need to self-improve and grow within your role, as well as an urge to take on more responsibility when opportunities arise
- Certified Scrum Master certification from Scrum Alliance or Professional Scrum Master certification from Scrum Org
- Understanding of web and database development
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Professional experience in the financial services industry
- Advanced Certified Scrum Master from Scrum Alliance or Professional Scrum Master II from Scrum Org