Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client, a philanthropic organization, with a search for a Portfolio Manager, specializing in higher education
- Bellevue, WA - Local Candidates Only Please
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
The Portfolio Manager - Postsecondary and Workforce will help design investment strategy that impacts public policy to help public systems serve at risk individuals and families in their transition into adulthood as a means of ending intergenerational poverty. As part of that strategy, the Portfolio Manager will identify opportunities to provide multiyear general operating and capacity building support to meaningfully connect at-risk persons to education and employment.
The Portfolio Manager oversees the entire investment cycle within their portfolio, from building a pipeline of investments to managing long-term relationships with funded organizations. This requires developing a deep understanding of the key players within the higher education and workforce contexts, applying rigorous analyses to fully vet prospective grantees, conducting site visits, and making recommendations to the Executive Director – Washington.
The Portfolio Manager will maintain ongoing relationships, shape appropriate methods of assessing impact, and provide strategic counsel to grantees. They will share learnings and best practices internally to maintain our understanding and improve our work while also supporting our external communications with partners and key stakeholders.
Qualifications of a Strong Candidate:
Education & Experience:
- A robust understanding of Higher Education and Workforce issues.
- Substantive knowledge of both 2- and 4-year college settings, including career connected learning, and the workforce development system.
- Deep connections to Washington State and a highly-developed professional network in Higher Education and Workforce Development.
- A strong understand how public policy is developed and influenced and will demonstrate their ability to design giving strategies to maximize organization's influence on public policy.
- The intellectual capacity to grasp opportunities, self-correct, and anticipate strategic changes within and across portfolios.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, and comfortable working in a lean, intense, results-oriented environment.
- Team player, effective at building and sustaining relationships.
- Self-aware and reflect on lessons learned to inform future work.
- Important personal characteristics include a collaborative nature, sound judgment, profound commitment to social change, a good sense of humor, and the ability to not take one’s self too seriously.
- A key to success in this role is a belief in the value of human dignity, and empathy for people struggling with intergenerational poverty and its related challenges.
- Must have a strong track record of impact on higher education and workforce development policy issues.
- A minimum of approx. 10 years of progressively responsible leadership is required.
- Must have experience designing and implementing systems change strategies.
- Expertise in data and financial analysis is an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Advanced degree is highly desirable.