Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer that will be focused on everything Apple / MacOS in the Bellingham area.
Location: Bellingham, WA
The individual will provide technical skills to implement technical strategies, evaluate products and provide a superior level of technical support that benefit the company. Will be responsible for responding to help desk tickets, diagnosing and trouble-shooting computer issues, and assisting remote users with access to internal systems.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools, e.g., macOS, Apple Hardware, EXSI, Mobile Device Management, Antivirus, Workstation back up, etc.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom tools and services to increase automation on many tasks while utilizing Git as a VCS, with CI/CD as needed
- Agile Workstation deployment, management and maintenance using tools such as Munki, DEP, MDM, and JAMF Connect
- Deployment and security vetting of S3, CloudFront, Cloudwatch and other AWS services
- Ability to design and optimize macOS hardware for “server” type duties, including fault tolerance and redundancy
- Assisting with research, testing, and implementation of new technologies and projects
- End user training and orientation including occasional company-wide presentations
- Administration, monitoring and testing of current CrashPlan backup system
- Auditing software and hardware to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines
- Diagnosing and repairing hardware as necessary
- Documenting system configuration and troubleshooting any reported problems
- Maintaining inventory of hardware and software
- Act as primary organizational interface and manage vendor relationships for our three main offices and in support of our international office
- Develop reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality
- Analyze products and provide recommendations regarding use of proposed new products and services to the organization
- Establish and implement policies and procedures for technology usage throughout the organization
- Participate in planning and maintaining a business continuity plan and disaster recovery
- Managing and improving data security policies
- Monitor technology budget and maintain technology inventory and licensing
- Work with executive leadership to establish and manage budget and procurement needs
- 5+ years in IT with a track record building and managing internal systems
- 3+ years with Mac systems administration
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, climb ladders and crawl in small spaces.
- Ability to work with quickly changing priorities and juggle multiple projects
- Specific experience managing IT costs
- Able to be on call nights and weekends for disaster, system maintenance etc.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related degree