Hansell Tierney is helping our client, a large not-for-profit health care company, with a direct hire search for an Senior Executive Assistant to the COO
- Tacoma, WA
Must be able to pass a background check, drug-testing, provide proof of current vaccinations and work in a nicotine-free
Occasional, regional travel may be necessary
The Senior Executive Assistant to the EVP-COO will manage one Senior Executive Assistant. Together they will be a two-person team to support the EVP-COO. The Senior Executive Assistant proactively takes charge of the EVP-COO’s day-to-day schedule and activities while anticipating needs, making well-informed decisions and meeting deliverables. The Executive Assistant assists the EVP-COO to meet critical deadlines and shifting priorities by providing high-level administrative and time management support activities to include: scheduling/calendaring, making travel arrangements, screening and prioritizing calls, keeping all aspects of communication flow accurate, organized and efficient. This position requires strong attention to detail; strong customer service skills; and discretion and good judgment when dealing with sensitive, privileged, and confidential information.
VALUES BASED BEHAVIORS
- Provides high level administrative support to include; creating agendas; taking and preparing meeting minutes; processing incoming and outgoing communications; completing weekly and monthly reports on a variety of projects.
- Performs complex, fluid calendar management/scheduling activities; makes/coordinates travel arrangements for business needs. Coordinates executive committee meeting logistics including: collection, preparation, and dissemination of briefing materials. Compiles data, and prepares papers for consideration at meetings and for the board of directors.
- Process and manage receipt reconciliation and expenses.
- Attends and records minutes of committee and management meetings, as required. Writes, edits, formats, prints and distributes minutes in a timely fashion. Coordinates the finalization of minutes with relevant managers.
- Completes special project responsibilities as defined by the EVP-COO.
- Reads and analyzes incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Represents the EVP-COO and/or meets with individuals, special interest groups and others on behalf of the EVP-COO using discretion, judgment and confidentiality in all matters; Assesses needs based on competing demands; prioritizes access to the Executive’s schedule.
- Contributes to the success of the organization by meeting organizational competency expectations and core values, continuously learning, and by performing other duties as needed or assigned.
- Manage, direct and collaborate with other Executive Assistant team-member as well as other Executive Assistants in the Executive Office Suite.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Respect: Seek first to understand
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- Stewardship: Live lean
- Excellence: Be your best/Act for safety’s sake
- Collaboration: Team up
- Kindness: Create warmth and comfort
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- At least ten (10) years of C level Executive support experience in a large corporate and/or healthcare environment
- Prior experience leading or managing other Executive Assistants
- Hospital or Healthcare experience is highly preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high performing Executive Office environment
- Ability to assess customer needs, meet quality standards for services, and evaluate satisfaction
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to collaborate with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining calm, flexible, proactive, resourceful, efficient and professional
- Be a problem-solver
- Ability to set priorities and use good judgment
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in an ambiguous environment
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of personal computer and the suite of Microsoft products (Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Skilled in good oral, written and interpersonal communication, strong knowledge of the rules of composition, and grammar
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines