Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a search for an HR Employee Services Specialist
- 6 month contract, with potential for extension or FTE conversion
- Seattle, WA - Local candidates only, please!
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
Are you skilled in Workday? We are seeking an HR Employee Services Specialist who can navigate Workday HRIS. In this role, you will be accountable for all employee life-cycle transactions, from Hire to Retire, utilizing a wide latitude in discretionary decision-making. This role will focus on serving as a subject matter expert (SME) for employee Workday and HR-related questions, including HR Operation and HR Policies.
As an HR Employee Services Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring that all employee matters are addressed and resolved in an efficient and expeditious manner, including onboarding, job changes and terminations. You will research, analyze and drive cases to resolution by partnering with Payroll, COEs and HR Operations. Once completed, you are responsible for providing employee outreach and resolution all within the predefined SLAs.
- Respond to questions and resolve issues through multiple HR service delivery channels (phone calls, emails, case management system) within the HR service delivery framework; document details of all calls/requests
- Evaluate and analyze employee HR and system questions, requests or concerns; quickly interpret the situation, determine the appropriate resolution or escalation, and communicate the resolution or and/or escalation to the customer in accordance with established standard operating procedures and approved guidelines
- Provide transactional support as it relates to employee matters:
- Onboarding: Partner closely with Recruitment team to ensure a smooth onboarding experience for the new hire as it related to systems and documentation.
- Job Changes: Coordinate with HR Business partner the movement of employees into new positions, locations, or managers. Ensure all aspects of the change are addressed and accurately reflected in all HR systems.
- Terminations: Work closely with HR Business partners and key stakeholders to process both voluntary and involuntary terms. Ensuring all downstream processes are alerted and employee file is properly and accurately closed out.
- Leaves of Absence: Communicate all relevant information to absence team in a timely manner.
- General Employee Support: Serve as the one point of contact for HR Partners to forward any employee related matter to. Escalate as needed and bring to resolution in a timely manner.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for HR Data Management, programs, policies and processes
- Identify and recommend methods to update, simplify and enhance processes, procedures
- Act in a consultative and project management role to support definition and implementation of HR programs such as large onboarding or off-boarding projects.
- Primary interface to COE and Non-HR functional departments to appropriately escalate employee inquiries/concerns
- Ensure on the job training occurs where appropriate
- Provide input into appropriate metrics and reports around compliance, performance, and data analytics
Education & Experience:
- Experience in Workday HRIS
- Demonstrated commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Possesses strong interpersonal and relationship skills with ability to build and maintain strong internal and external networks
- Clear communicator who empower others with actionable information even when relaying complex and technical concepts
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and speed in a fast paced, high volume work environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and execute upon strategy
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity - can be at ease with taking the best available, yet often incomplete, information and acting with purpose and resolve
- Possesses trong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgment
- System thinking orientation - comfortable viewing problems and challenges holistically the ability to consider all interdependencies before acting
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 1-one to 2-two years’ experience working in a Shared Services environment supporting HRIS Data Management and Data Operations
- Experience working in Workday
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability
- Proficient in group end-to-end HR processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to independently compose routine written communications.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to use that information to represent the HR Operations team to the HR Function, using influence and persuasion to ensure process considerations are accounted for in new or modified programs and policies
- Stellar customer service skills
- Excellent proficiency in English (read, write and speak) required.
- Proficiency in Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and/or French languages a plus!