Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle, Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
: 6 - month extendable
Hansell Tierney is assisting our client with their search for a contract Sr. Systems Engineer. The Sr. Systems Engineer supports the full systems life cycle in client's multi-platform environment by designing and maintaining an efficient and secure enterprise infrastructure that offers uninterrupted service for our customers. The Sr. Systems Engineer provides a holistic view of all client's enterprise systems and collects input, provides direction, and makes strategic decisions to ensure our infrastructure fits within our vision.
- Own at least two core infrastructure technologies: Active Directory, DNS, SCCM, Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, VMware, Scripting, Local Traffic Manager, Global Traffic Manager, Citrix, E-mail, FTP, UNIX, Linux, Windows Servers, Security & Compliance Standards, etc.
- Provide escalated systems support, problem resolution, and mentoring across the IT Division.
- Lead cross divisional enterprise infrastructure projects.
- Liaison and partner with Enterprise Architecture, maintaining the strategy and vision of our technology systems.
- Integrate and schematically depict systems architectures, topologies, hardware, software and signaling links into complete Systems configurations.
- Research, develop and communicate system roadmaps, opportunities and constraints to IT as well as the business.
- Partner with the security team to respond to prevent, detect and investigate suspicious activity in a timely manner.
- Possess and display expert skills in the following areas: technical troubleshooting, vendor management, customer service, communication and project management.
- Train back up personnel as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline required, or equivalent work or educational experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of technical engineering experience required.
- Solid skills in Leadership, Project Management, Hardware/Software Design & Best Practice, Computer Security & Compliance and Enterprise Design required.
- In depth knowledge of enterprise datacenter technologies, desktop operating systems, end point management platforms (SCCM, Altiris, etc.) and mobile management platforms required.
- Advanced expertise in at least 5 infrastructure systems required.
- Professional certification in an applicable technology or project management discipline preferred.
- Experience supporting enterprise solutions preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of virtual desktop technologies, remote deployment, patch management and disk imaging, server virtualization technologies and server operating systems preferred.
- Experience implementing projects involving enterprise hardware and/or software technologies preferred.
- Knowledge of networking concepts (advanced networking/switching/routing) preferred.
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary and occasional travel.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, with bending and mobility to move large objects.
- Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Stack, including IIS
- TFS, GIT and Azure