Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a direct hire search for a Senior VP of Product Management
Location - Seattle, WA
Duration - FTE
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
Our client is seeking a Senior VP of Product Management (SVP) to be a key member of the executive leadership team and to manage and direct corporate Product Management for the company. The priorities for this position include strategic planning, strong leadership/management abilities and problem resolution. We are looking for candidates who deeply understand and anticipate our clients’ needs and are always looking for innovative ways to solve industry problems.
You’ll manage the team of Product Managers (VP level) across multiple product functions. They are responsible for defining product priorities with key stakeholders and managing their own teams of product managers to relentlessly drive the product life cycle from concept to delivery. You’ll work cross-functionally and closely with engineering, design, support, business stakeholders and technical writing to bring new products to the marketplace. You are able to articulate and present product benefits to clients, internal teams and sales.
- Build, develop and manage teams that have the business acumen and technical capability of carrying out needed initiatives and delivering world-class products.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and product management best practices.
- Educate, mentor, and share knowledge with the organization’s management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Develop and direct procedures and methods to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- This role is responsible for the supervision of 10+ FTEs.
- Technical Capacity
- Performance Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Proven Leadership
- Strategic Thinking
Team and Culture Building Skills:
- Be a great listener and be open-minded to others’ ideas.
- A great communicator – both in person and in writing.
- Recognize every person is unique and valuable to the organization and treat them accordingly.
- Lead by example with the highest ethical and work standards.
- Have an contagious, positive attitude.
- Be fair, consistent, honest, and authentic.
- Guide the professional development of the staff by assigning them to tasks and teams that help build skill sets and expertise.
- Work closely with your leadership team to create a true culture of innovation.
- 10+ years of software product management experience
- BS/BA in computer science, business administration or related major or equivalent combination of education and experience. A graduate degree in one of these fields is a huge plus.
- Managed the significant and successful growth of an product management department or function
- Experience working within agile software development life cycle
- Strong business acumen and exceptional organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with clients, colleagues and cross-functional teams, as well as third parties
- Willingness to travel up to 15%
- 3+ years of experience in a financial technology role
- 3+ years working in RIA or similar financial industry role