Hansell Tierney is helping our client, a large not-for-profit health care company, with a direct hire search for a Senior Executive Assistant (C level)
- Tacoma, WA
Must be able to pass a background check, drug-testing, provide proof of current vaccinations and work in a nicotine-free
The Senior Executive Assistant will work as part of a two-person EA team (reporting to the Senior Executive Assistant to the CEO) that is responsible for providing administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer in a highly complex and fast-paced Executive Office environment.
This position requires independent judgment and initiative on assignments that are sensitive in nature. Work situations require a service-oriented individual with strong organization, prioritization, and coordination skills. This position exercises judgment to reflect the CEO’s style and company policy. Internal and external interactions are at all levels and require relaying or accepting information that is of a highly confidential nature.
- Provides administrative support to the Senior Executive Assistant and CEO
- Maintains appointment calendar for the CEO, scheduling meetings and appointments as required
- Coordinates meetings, making all necessary arrangements, i.e., room reservations, catering, confirmation notices, etc.
- Receives, screens, and routes incoming calls
- Answers and composes routine correspondence at the direction of CEO
- Receives, dates, and routes all departmental invoices for approval, assigning appropriate coding, routing billing to accounting, and maintaining records
- Transcribes, types, and proofs correspondence, reports, presentation materials, etc. for the CEO
- Maintains all files for the CEO
- Attends all executive council meetings and board of director meetings, and provides minutes of same. Provides follow-up on action items for CEO.
- Assists in researching background materials and collecting data for reports, projects, speeches, correspondence, etc.
- Interacts with high level contacts within and outside the organization, exercising considerable judgment in releasing and relaying information
- Provides administrative support for the Board of Directors, which includes meeting arrangements, preparation of agenda packets, and preparation of board minutes.
- Maintains timely and accurate files of confidential information for the Board and various board committees.
- Directs questions and concerns to the appropriate department and/or personnel in a sensitive and timely manner for resolution
VALUES BASED BEHAVIORS
- Contributes to the success of the organization by meeting organizational competency expectations, continuously learning, and by performing other duties as needed or assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Respect: Seek first to understand
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- Stewardship: Live lean
- Excellence: Be your best/Act for safety’s sake
- Collaboration: Team up
- Kindness: Create warmth and comfort
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- At least ten (10) years of C level Executive support experience in a large corporate and/or healthcare environment
- Hospital or Healthcare experience is highly preferred
- Skills in oral, written and interpersonal communication to include grammar and spelling
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to set priorities and use good judgment
- Ability to collaborate well both internally and externally
- Strong multi-tasker and ability to solve problems
- Ability to keep the big-picture in view