Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a direct hire search for a Software Development Manager - Cloud Services
Location - Seattle, WA
Duration - FTE
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
Our client is seeking a Software Development Manager for their Cloud Services team. This person will be responsible for building and operating the core system. This role is a unique combination of deep technical leadership and people management. You will have regular touch points with executives and with the senior leaders of every major organization within the company, and also build expertise in video delivery, system scalability, data storage, search, security, and cloud operations.
- Own the vision, technical roadmap, and architecture for company's cloud services and backend.
- Provide the technical leadership to ensure the company continues to operate as a 4-9s cloud service, delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Manage the team of senior developers that work in this area: industry experts in cloud scalability, deployment & operations, asynchronous processing, search, statistics and more.
- Ensure your people are challenged and have constant opportunities to grow.
- Hire excellent developers to grow your team, always look to raise the standard.
- Conduct architectural, technical design, and code reviews for the work of engineers on your team. Personally contribute code changes when an area needs a boost, and to stay fresh in the code base.
- Develop aggressive, but achievable plans for your teams, deliver work on time, communicate progress clearly and consistently.
- Become an expert in the company's product offering and play an active role in all phases of feature development involving the backend teams.
- Contribute to overall product vision and multi-year roadmap as a member of the core leadership team.
- Function as a mentor for your people and your peers, establishing best practices and consistently working to raise the level of the entire organization.
- You have a strong track record as an engineering manager and senior developer building cloud services and complex systems.
- You derive huge personal satisfaction in empowering your customers, making their lives simpler and improving their productivity.
- You naturally take ownership when you encounter a problem.
- You thrive in an environment with ambiguity - asking the right questions to bring order out of chaos and spread that order to your peers.
- You efficiently triage and prioritize items, balancing competing (and ever evolving) business, customer, and team needs.
- You aren’t afraid to think big when establishing vision, but you know how to develop a plan in phases that deliver incremental value.
- You are highly motivated to move quickly, but you insist on high standards and delivering great results. You are thoughtfully and positively critical of your own work and your team’s work, always looking for ways to improve.
- You are exceptionally well organized, allowing you to manage multiple large, complex projects simultaneously. You lead by example with project planning and naturally teach best practices those around you.
- With a background as a developer, you can’t help but continue to write code, even if your day consumes all your “official” time on the job.
- You don’t hesitate to stand up and call attention to something that is not right for your customers, company, product, or team.
- 10-15+ years of experience as a senior developer and technical engineering manager.
- Expert developer in C# or Java; Python expertise is preferred.
- Expert in fault-tolerant asynchronous systems.
- Expert in cloud-scale architecture through all phases of service development: inception, development, deployment, scale-up, and development of subsequent versions.
- Experience defining vision and constructing roadmaps, backlogs, and specific execution plans.
- Experience interacting with customers, external partners, and non-engineering internal teams.
- Deep experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP is required. AWS is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science is required.