Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
: 6 month contract (possible extension or FTE conversion)
: Seattle/Bellevue, WA
Our team collaborates with engineers across the organization to provide materials solutions. We aim to enable continuously improving processes and architecture to support building, launching and maintaining our re-usable engines and rockets.
As a Data Entry Specialist in Materials & Processing, you’ll participate in developing and populating a database of material property data intended to be used throughout the full product lifecycle. We value people who are passionate about learning new things, beginning on the first day. We're looking for teammates who will be committed, careful, and passionate about ensuring safe and repeatable flights.
Create a global material property database for all of organizations team to use for supporting material testing, analysis, and design
Translate engine material data housed in many sources into a single, unified system of pertinent mechanical and thermal material properties
Distinguish metallic materials and material properties based upon forming method, temperature, grain orientation
- Knowledge of general material properties (tensile, fatigue, fracture toughness, CTE, etc.).
- Familiarity with test methods for generating material properties.
- Knowledge of general materials science & engineering, specifically related to metallic materials and alloy systems.
- Knowledge of different metallic forms and forming methods (casting, forging, wrought, plate, sheet, PM, additive manufacturing).
- Understanding of impact of variables upon material properties (temperature, environment, grain orientation, processing, thickness).
- Data Entry Experience with Excel and relational databases.
- Ideally searching for a candidate with a high attention to detail who is comfortable working relatively independently.
- Familiarity with database systems (GRANTA, Airtable).
- Familiarity with Python or other programming languages.
- Familiarity with allowables or other statistical methods applied to large and small datasets.