is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are currently helping our client with a search for an Software Development Engineer in Test
: 6 - 12 month contract to hire
: Seattle, WA
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. Work sponsorship is not available at this time.
The Software Development Engineer in Test
is a key member of the software engineering team.
- Design, setup, and execute test cases on the core software service delivery platform
- Identify and analyze software requirements derived from business requirements.
- Draft test plans based on identified software requirements.
- Design and implement automation frameworks.
- Identify, isolate and document defects of the server-side software.
- Work with development group through iterative/feedback-based testing process for new feature development.
- Provide subject matter expertise to program management and other non-technical groups.
- 3-5+ years work experience in development/testing of web-service based delivery platform.
- Experience working with Java and J2EE SDK.
- Experience with web service protocols such as REST, HTTP, XML, Json.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL and Oracle
- Proficiency in at least one scripting/interpreted language (Python/Jython, Perl, Ruby, Shell scripts)
- Ability to write shell scripts to automate mundane tasks.
- Proficiency with at least one variant of Unix/Linux based operating systems (Ubuntu, Solaris, SUSE Linux)
- Experience with both white box and black box testing methodologies.
- Experience with defect tracking systems and configuration management systems.
- Ability to quickly debug software problems that are caused by electrical, connectivity, memory, file system, or software defects.
- Experience evaluating performance of web services using JMeter.
- Experience deploying and testing cloud services from AWS and MS Azure.
- Must work well with others.
- Experience with web application server such as JBoss, Weblogic, etc.
- Experience with testing frameworks/tools such as TestNG, JMeter, Postman, Junit, etc.
- Experience with software unit testing (Junit).