Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a search for a Research Associate for their Clinical Product Characterization team.
Duration - 6 month contact; potential for extension and future permanent conversion
Location - Seattle, WA
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
In this individual contributor, lab-based role, the Research Associate will work in a collaborative environment to perform sample management, flow cytometry, and cell based analytical testing to support clinical and process development programs. This position will report to the head of Clinical Product Characterization (CPC). The incumbent will join an analytical testing group that values data quality, high productivity and teamwork. Key responsibilities include:
• Sample management to include: receiving shipments, sample organization in liquid nitrogen tanks, staging samples on liquid nitrogen and clear communications with our manufacturing facility.
• Execution of multiparameter Flow cytometry (phenotypic, functional assays, etc.)
• Data analysis and reporting with an emphasis on high-quality and fast data turnaround
• Timely and thorough documentation and completion of electronic laboratory notebooks
• Author reports detailing experimental work and summarizing results
• Order, track, maintain inventory of lab supplies and reagents
• Maintain a clean and organized laboratory space
• BS in a scientific discipline with 1-2 years of relevant academic or industry lab experience.
• Solid knowledge of immunology (beginning level knowledge is OK), cell biology techniques, and data analysis
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work both independently and in cross functional teams, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects
• Demonstrated experience with flow cytometry including compensation, instrument troubleshooting, basic cytometer maintenance, and data analysis using DIVA and/or FlowJo
• Experience working in a self-driven, performance/results oriented, fast paced/high throughput environment
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Proficiency utilizing MS Office products.
• Able to effectively manage time and elevate relevant issues to manager
• Strong scientific and technical writing and presentations
• Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Have the flexibility to work on the weekend when needed