is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
is helping our client, an up and coming leader in platform development for deployment and machine learning to recruit a Senior Software Engineer.to join a world class platform engineering team..
Duration - FTE
Location - Downtown Seattle, WA or Remote
- Work with a passionate, distributed team on the cutting edge of AI/ML infrastructure
- Use Java/Scala to create stateless and stateful backend services in the cloud, with a focus on AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and RDS to enable rapid deployment and iteration
- Dig deep into containerization, right down to the kernel level (lxc, cgroups, etc.)
- Take pride in building and running secure, reliable, and performant distributed services that support a global customer base
- Have a real career plan, with mentorship and fast-track opportunities to promotion, technical leadership, people management, or wherever your interests may be
And we might make the perfect match if you:
- Have excellent fundamentals in computer science, algorithms, and software design
- Are a skilled software engineer with experience in multiple compiled languages (such as Java, Scala, Golang, C++) and expertise in at least one (we do a lot of Scala - and will be happy to teach you)
- Bring expertise with at least one cloud platform; our platform is architected to support customer environments including AWS, Azure, GCP, and OpenStack
- Have deep understanding for the users
- Experience working on distributed systems, data science, any kind of AI/ML projects, distributed or parallel computing, interesting public code.