is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are currently helping our client with their search for a Software Development Manager (Android)
. In this position, you will lead, grow, and support a team of Android mobile engineers dedicated to creating a dynamic, beautiful, world-class shopping experience. The team is currently working on exciting projects: innovating on multiple experiences in creative merchandising and storytelling; supporting growth initiatives around customer acquisition and retention; creating new ways to browse, search, and discover great finds; and exploring new ways to expand sales through personalization and complementary product recommendations.
In addition, our client has a significant focus on their technical and product health to make sure they can keep up with technology and reduce technical debt.The Android Mobile team is highly visible within the company, at the front line of many of their customers' experience. The e-commerce space is dynamic, both in terms of customer experience and technologies, and we are looking for a strong technical and people manager to lead this team. You will coach and mentor your engineering team, work closely with Product Management and User Experience to define, refine, and drive delivery, facilitate and own technical decisions, and occasionally have a chance to sling code into the production app.
Our client's engineering managers are very technical and hands-on.
- 7+ years’ experience in software development
- 5+ years’ experience in managing high performing software engineers
- You have pushed apps into Google Play store
- Expert knowledge of current Android architecture and engineering standards, as well as mobile and Android UX trends
- Strong experience leading teams using Java, Android Studio/Eclipse, and Android engineering tools such as Maven and Gradle
- Strong software and data structure design, development and architecture experience
- History of working in a fast paced, evolving, growing and dynamic environment
- Success in owning and evolving Agile development processes
- Ability to lead influence others and find creative solutions and move quickly to deliver them
- Strong analytical skills with a data driven approach and ability to measure impact of projects
- Experience in consumer-facing software development, internet or e-commerce is preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience