Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client, with a search for a Senior DevOps Engineer.
Duration - FTE
Location - Renton, WA
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for managing our OpenShift and VMware environments, as well as helping to create and implement plans to better manage our corporate Linux-based deployments and infrastructure. We are looking for a self-driven individual to help us manage the entire lifecycle of these environments from design to retirement, and ensure that the necessary infrastructure, tools and processes are in place to provide reliable, predictable, and high-quality services to our internal and external customers.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated success working in a fast paced, highly detail-oriented environment and a high degree of customer service. We offer flexible work hours for this full-time position in a dog friendly workplace. If you want to work with other dedicated, smart people that are having a real impact on the safety of railroad transportation, apply today.
Exercises independent judgment and initiative within company guidelines and procedures. Works on assignments that are complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems, formulating solutions and making recommendations. Responsible to monitor & manage any activities that impact OpenShift, VMware and other Linux-based platforms. Periodically reports to management on compliance.
● Manage internal Red Hat OpenShift environment
● Support management of large VMware environment
● Manage internal IT-centric Linux installations
● Advanced Linux OS administration experience (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
● Advanced Docker, CRI-O/OCI, and Kubernetes/OpenShift experience
● Automation tool experience (Preferred: Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
● VMware administration and tools experience (vCenter, vRealize Automation and Operations)
● Experience managing and troubleshooting enterprise-level infrastructure – servers, storage arrays, general networking
● Relevant scripting languages (Python, Ansible, UNIX Shell, etc.)
● Acquire, install, or upgrade computer components and software; provide routine automation; maintain security policies; troubleshoot and offer technical support for project related work
● Contribute to existing documentation such as knowledge base, manuals, etc.
● Red Hat Certified Engineer
● BS degree preferred in engineering or computer science (or equivalent)
● OpenShift or Kubernetes Certification
● Cloud computing (Azure, AWS, etc.) experience
● Creating and implementing governance and disaster recovery plans