Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client with a Contractor search for a Software Developer.
: 18-24 months
Tukwila, WA LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
Work sponsorship is not available at this time.
The Software Developer is responsible for translating business requirements into secure, maintainable software applications for our client. This involves analysis, design, implementation, unit testing and maintenance of back-end, middle-tier and front end software components, as well as integrating to third-party systems and software products. The tech stack is primarily Microsoft (.NET, SQL Server) and the methodology varies depending on the project.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with company Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Work with various departments to understand business related processes and incorporate those processes into application software that supports the annual operating and strategic plans.
- Work with consultant(s) and third party vendors to design and develop new software applications and programs to support business needs.
- Be responsible for the technical documentation and maintenance of custom programming software.
- Be responsible for programming enhancements and changes, when necessary, for reports and software.
- Be knowledgeable of the current method of operation in each department and how software enhancements and new modules will effect and change operations within the various departments and the Credit Union as a whole.
- Work with project teams and Program Managers to ensure effective implementation of software.
- Coordinates with appropriate IT areas and business units when implementing software into the “live” environment and provide necessary documentation of any changes to procedure.
- Be knowledgeable in how to utilize the various operating systems, database languages, related programming languages, and other software as required for project implementation.
- Provide assistance to identify and maintain custom software programming in conjunction with vendor updates.
- Attend meetings, in conjunction with or in the absence of the IT Development Resources Manager to ensure ongoing knowledge and communication of projects.
- Perform responsibilities consistent with the IT area’s Shared Values.
- Have a thorough understanding of Credit Union operations, including how departments interact with one another.
- Serve as a member of the Disaster Recovery Team for Information Technology.
- Ensure that written procedures are documented for all functions within area of responsibility and update as necessary.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and implement multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent conceptual and organizational skills.
- Willingness to keep up with developments in the technical and financial services industries.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgement in problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff, management, and vendors regarding software issues.
- Ability to present a professional image to vendors and co-workers.
- Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Ability to sit or stand within proximity of terminal.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing software and writing production code in a team environment required.
- Recent experience with the core of Microsoft’s tech stack (.NET, SQL, etc.)
- Experience with the following required:
- Visual Studio
- .NET Development
- Creating and consuming SOAP Web Services
- ASP.NET Web Site Development
- General Familiarity with the .NET Framework
- C #
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with basic DDL and CRUD operations.
- Transact-SQL Stored Procedures
- Familiarity with any of the following is preferred:
- Financial industry experience.
- Business Intelligence experience