Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
Hansell Tierney is assisting our client with their search for a Product Owner. Our client has been empowering people to advance their careers and improve their lives through education. As an independent marketing and technology company, they build long-term relationships with higher education institutions across the nation while providing millions of students with the resources they need to help them reach their goals.
We're looking for a mobile Product Owner
who will be responsible for driving the strategic direction of our client's iOS app. Your goal will be to differentiate our client's position in the market by building a high-engagement app that effectively fills a gap in the post-secondary landscape—so effectively that schools want to pay for it. This role is multi-faceted and requires the ability to move easily between vision and strategy, manage the product roadmap, present to future customers, and work closely with various teams on the development and deployment of product releases and support activities. Success in this role means continuing to transform our client's product while making a positive impact on student success.
Who You Are
- You're a passionate product owner who can see the future, plan for its realization, and lead a team to effectively execute to market acceptance. You have a keen eye for UX that's useful, easy to use, and drives increasing engagement, knowing that data and insights drive development.
- You understand how to remain focused on taking the product to market despite operational distractions and stakeholder requests.
- You're OK with ambiguity and can deliver consistent results within a bootstrapped team. You accept that some necessary resources are matrixed, some of the team is remote, and QA resources are offshore.
- You have a solid understanding of how to overcome the programming, QA, navigation, display, and design complications that come with converting an iOS app to Android.
- You can help us mature our mobile operations, with the goal of driving efficiency of delivery and monetization.
- Create, plan, and execute the roadmap through the creation of mobile product specifications and product definition, including feature requirements and user stories
- Understand and engage with the competitive and complementary ecosystems in which the app exists
- Serve as the primary technical contact for queries related to the product
- Attend daily scrums with the development team to help drive priority decisions and remove roadblocks
- Clearly define and prioritize the feature requirements and acceptance criteria into an agile backlog, managing progress throughout the agile development lifecycle
- Provide frequent communication to stakeholders on development progress, escalating any issues that could impact the timeline or strategic vision
Skills and Qualifications
- Focus work on the stories that quickly deliver maximum value, ensuring a seamless experience across all touch points and communicating any changes in strategic direction or priority to cross-functional teams
- Own production support issues including research to eliminate bugs, working with the team to minimize the introduction of escaped defects and tech debt
- Work hand-in-hand with the Scrum Master and Director of Technology to ensure the team understands how their daily work aligns with the product's mission and vision
- Operate with significant autonomy to constantly drive toward market acceptance
- 5 to 10 years of professional relevant experience within mobile software development
- BS in computer science or quantitative field; MBA or MS a plus
- Track record of conceiving and efficiently executing a go-to market plan
- Proven success building, launching, optimizing, and monetizing iOS-based apps
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to independently test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success with an extreme attention to detail
- Sound leadership, judgment, initiative, tenacity, composure, influence, negotiating skills, and the ability to work independently
- Excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong internal and external customer focus, with experience presenting to C-level clients
- Possesses clarity of vision and can align and motivate disparate stakeholders behind a shared missions and vision
- Shows respect for agile rituals and artifacts
- EdTech experience preferred but not required