Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client, a Seattle-based IT consulting firm, with their search for a Reporting Analyst/Developer
for their growing team.
- Begins on 4-month contract; potential to extend & convert to FTE
- Downtown Seattle, WA
We are seeking a Reporting Analyst
who will be responsible for and deeply involved in the design, enhancement and transformation of the reporting landscape for our internal business applications.
The successful candidate will be hands on and have the desire to help in all areas related to reporting in addition to having excellent analysis skills, a love of problem solving, a flair for creativity, and a proven track record for successful delivery. They will have the ability to work in a strong team-oriented environment and provide top-notch customer service.
On a typical day you will:
- Solution: listen, learn, and collaborate with our stakeholders and program teams to understand their data and other requirements needed to craft reporting solutions that solve for the underlying business needs
- Deliver: develop reporting solutions via an iterative approach to design and delivery; document requirements, including data modeling and visual mockups
- Deploy: publish and maintain the content in our operational reporting portfolio
- Educate: guide users through our reporting portfolio and reporting tools
- Learn: stay current with the reporting layer of the tools used by the organization and incorporate into solutions as appropriate
- 3 to 5+ years of data analysis experience, including data warehousing and data visualization.
- Strong SQL/TSQL skills including query optimization, stored procedures, etc.
- Experienced in all aspects of Power BI.
- Ability to setup and manage source control for SSRS reports.
- Ability to gather requirements from a data, and visualization perspective.
- Experience in working with Finance as a customer and understanding key services provided by Finance and Accounting teams, preferred
- Ability to balance the demands of multiple projects while pushing the intellectual envelope in search of solutions to complex problems
- Experience working with agile/scrum development teams
- Performance Tuning and Optimization using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Customer service mindset – ability to derive clear understanding of business problem/opportunity, solution, and scope and demonstrate appropriate sense of urgency while remaining calm and balanced under pressure
- Adaptable self-starter who is skilled at creating right-sized structure in ambiguous environments
- Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills
- A continuous improvement mindset – ability to give and receive feedback and always looking for opportunities to continually improve how we deliver solutions to our customers
- Works with a sense of urgency without sacrificing quality or accuracy