Hansell Tierney is assisting our client with their search for a VP/SVP of eCommerce.
Location: Seattle, WA
Compensation Target: $180K + bonus
The Vice President/Senior Vice President, eCommerce will play the primary role in defining, implementing, managing and evolving our client's digital/online strategies – including aligning with and supporting our offline customer experiences – with the goals of driving long-term growth and enhancing the company’s brand equity, strategic positioning, revenue, profitability and market value.
The VP/SVP eCommerce will be responsible for developing and scaling omni-channel technologies and experiences across retail, mobile and web platforms. He/she will be responsible for integrating and utilizing digital technology so that customers have the option to shop and pay any way they choose, and for leading the development and usage of a data analytics platform that will allow our client to optimize its customer acquisition, retention and conversion efforts.
Ultimately, we're looking for an experienced, driven, analytical leader who has built and managed world-class teams, collaborated effectively with both internal cross-functional peers and external partners, and been responsible for delivering high-growth eCommerce revenue and exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement an eCommerce growth, monetization and customer acquisition strategy across online and offline channels (including revenue and contribution margin targets, email list growth and segmentation/targeting, ‘paid’ social media spend budgets, search engine marketing & optimization tactics, retargeting opportunities, banner ads, merchandising, other promotional and advertising campaigns, customer service, mobile/desktop online functionality usage and customer data analytics).
- Create innovative digital solutions with a focus on usability and underlying data architecture and analytics, with the goal of increasing conversion rates, revenue and profitability.
- Articulate a digital and technology strategic vision that supports strategic priorities and maintains a balance between business and technology.
- Partner with Marketing to create and implement programs that speak cohesively to customers during every interaction, including direct marketing, in-store marketing, advertising, digital marketing, etc.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behaviors that may support or impede the business.
- Capitalize on data analytics-driven insights to develop, implement and optimize customer acquisition and retention strategies.
- Create and execute market research initiatives that provide insights into online merchandising, functionality and product development opportunities.
- Oversee all digital paid, earned and owned media planning and execution.
- Maintain a features/functionality roadmap to achieve milestones with specific timelines.
- Identify and capitalize on new eCommerce channels that fit the brand & business model.
- Possess a thorough understanding of current eCommerce P&L, and identify risks, opportunities and contingency plans.
- Develop annual operating and capital budgets to ensure the appropriate resources are available to support the company's digital/eCommerce strategy and technological requirements.
- Lead and manage a multidisciplinary team including, sales, product, technology, merchandising, content and marketing.
- Develop, manage and curate a portfolio of key third-party relationships (agencies, service providers, consultants, etc.).
- Identify, monitor and manage against KPIs to support all of the above
- Support and help lead change in the organization, while fostering a culture that drives for results and equally focuses on product, quality, service and execution.
- Track record of leading and scaling eCommerce businesses at >$25M revenue globally, across multiple distribution channels, geographies and customer segments.
- 15+ years of eCommerce leadership experience, with at least 7-10 years of P&L responsibility and successfully managing related operational and functional leaders.
- Strong retail or consumer goods background and experience in the development of broad-based and all-encompassing corporate, digital/online and marketing strategies that drive growth, leverage new business opportunities, and improve profitability.
- Experience using both sophisticated and state-of-the-art marketing tools and techniques, and guerilla/grassroots marketing tactics and methods.
- Relevant social media and product marketing expertise.
- Successfully utilized analytics tools to track/impact digital marketing results data and site-functionality-related usage patterns to increase revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to analyze and make recommendations on all marketing programs that best support the direct-channel and provide acceptable and measurable ROI.
- History of successfully managing eCommerce ‘customer experience’ requirements and satisfaction.
- Driven by a strong desire to achieve, with a demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to inspire passion and success in entrepreneurial and high growth environments.
- Track record of disciplined execution that creates cross-functional alignment and delivers predictable outcomes.
- Strong intellectual curiosity to develop and embrace new best practices, and build a culture of continuous improvement.
- Cultural fit: combines competitiveness with empathy, along with a high-level of personal and professional integrity.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree is a plus.