Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
Location: Seattle, WA
We are currently helping our client with their search for a Software Development Manager - Site. In this position, you will lead, grow, and support a team of full-stack engineers dedicated to creating a dynamic, beautiful, world-class shopping experience. The team is currently working on exciting projects: innovating on multiple experiences in creative merchandising and storytelling; supporting growth initiatives around customer acquisition and retention; creating new ways to browse, search, and discover great finds; improving page rendering times; and exploring new ways to expand sales through personalization and complementary product recommendations. In addition, our client has a significant focus on technical and product health to make sure they can keep up with technology and reduce technical debt.
The Site Engineering team is highly visible within the company, at the front line of many of the customers' experience. The e-commerce space is dynamic, both in terms of customer experience and technologies, and the team is looking for a strong technical and people manager to lead this team. You will coach and mentor your engineering team, work closely with Product Management and User Experience to define, refine, and drive delivery, facilitate and own technical decisions, and occasionally have a chance to sling code into production.
Our client's engineering managers are very technical and hands-on.
- 7+ years’ experience in software development, preferably internet or e-commerce
- 5+ years’ experience in managing high performing software engineers
- Expert knowledge of current full-stack website technologies, standards, and UI design
- Strong software and data structure design, development and architecture experience
- History of working in a fast paced, evolving, growing and dynamic environment
- Success in owning and evolving Agile development processes
- Ability to lead influence others and find creative solutions and move quickly to deliver them
- Strong analytical skills with a data driven approach and ability to measure impact of projects
- Experience in consumer-facing software development, internet or e-commerce is preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience