We are currently assisting our client with their Direct Hire search for a Senior Systems Engineer.
Our client is a mission-based organization focused on incubating and communicating new ideas, approaches, and products that improve the lives of people around the world, especially for the bottom two billion poorest people. Their work covers some of the most important global challenges in health, education and development.
: Kirkland, WA
- Some travel is required as the position supports multiple locations within the United States. Apart from training and conferences, as well as project implementation tasks, such travel is expected to be no more than 1 week every quarter. Ability to travel internationally is also a plus, but such travel would be rare.
Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record for occasional work-related projects.
Must be able to pass a very extensive background investigation
The Senior Systems Engineer plays a critical role in the development and delivery of technology services. This position is a member of the technology team and reports to the Manager, Infrastructure Services.
The Senior Systems Engineer acts as the technical lead responsible for ensuring the successful development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of the technology stack.
The focus areas of this position are to perform architecture, implementation, administration, configuration, monitoring, updating and documentation of enterprise services and solutions. The Senior Systems Engineer will demonstrate expertise in front and back-end system technologies in enterprise environments and display common knowledge of best-practices in many different server technologies. The Senior Systems Engineer will mentor other engineers and administrators on the team and act as an escalation point. The Senior Systems Engineer will also partner closely with the organization and take requirements from across the business to propose, design and deliver cutting edge technology solutions.
- Provides technical leadership to projects focused on introducing system enhancements, re-engineering, and evolution, along with tactical projects which support broader strategic programs
- Develops, implements, and helps maintain technology management policies, processes, standards and practices
- Architect, implement, and maintain highly available services and solutions
- Architect, implement, and maintain secure technology services and solutions
- Architect, implement, and maintain monitoring solutions of technology infrastructure
- Architect, implement, and maintain backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Document systems architecture and procedures and keep documentation current
- Provides guidance on both present and future technology decisions for the Technology department
- Provide 24x7 Tier 1 through Tier 3 support, with Tier 3 support being primary
- Lead and guide the work performed by our managed service providers
- Partner with other business units to design and deliver technology solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Must have at least 8 years’ experience developing system architectures and infrastructure planning for global availability
- Experience managing or acting as a team lead is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of the following systems and services:
- Microsoft Windows Server, SharePoint Server, and SQL server
- Microsoft Office 365 and Azure services
- Active Directory, Domain Controllers, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, IIS, File/Print Servers, and ADFS
- TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, and other network protocols
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server and/or VMWare
- Enterprise storage solutions, such as SAN, NAS, etc.
- PowerShell and scripting
- Cloud computing technologies
- Familiarity of networking and telephony infrastructures and technologies
- Must have a record of successfully managing technology transitions and sustaining continuity of services in a Windows computing environment
- Must have proven success with engineering corporate computing facilities to enable a specific service delivery model; providing formal service level definitions and periodic measurements which quantify actual vs. promised service level