Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client, a groundbreaking aerospace and spaceflight company, with their search for a Buyer.
Duration - 6 month contract; potential for extension or permanent conversion
Location - Kent, WA
*Work sponsorship is not available at this time*
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will perform day to day tactical purchasing functions for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of supplier communications, product pricing, and quality, and build schedule. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Perform day to day procurement activities supporting a development program, specifically the composites and metallic machined parts commodities
- Coordinates purchasing the material and product requirements for programs
- Works with sourcing and program team to select suppliers for bid and award from the approved list in order to achieve program objectives
- Prepares purchase orders in Costpoint software
- Ensures suppliers documentation such as terms and conditions and NDAs are ready prior to engagement
- Manages orders with suppliers, monitors backlog and daily order status report, adjusts schedules as needed, manage/modify POs with overdue shipments and open orders
- Works with logistics team to ensure timely and economical deliveries of all materials to production location
- Ensure that all requirements for purchasing, storage, and transportation of materials are adhered to
- Monitors suppliers’ performance and prepares reports and other records
- Resolves discrepancies related to purchasing, delivery, receiving, accounts payable invoices, and payment to the supplier
- Expedites materials for shortage management
- Coordinate returns to vendor for discrepant material from receiving inspection
- Five years tactical level experience in purchasing
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment to accomplish goals while managing multiple tasks
- Strong skills in Microsoft Outlook and Windows programs (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, and independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience in research and development purchasing in a collaborative, fast paced, team environment
- Experience with aerospace defense industry products preferred
- Experience with Costpoint purchasing system and JIRA Atlassian software
- APICS, CPM, CSCP certification or equivalent