We are currently assisting our client with their Direct Hire search for a Senior Technology Support Engineer.
Our client is a mission-based organization focused on incubating and communicating new ideas, approaches, and products that improve the lives of people around the world, especially for the bottom two billion poorest people. Their work covers some of the most important global challenges in health, education and development.
: Kirkland, WA
Some travel is required as the position supports multiple locations within the United States. Apart from training and conferences, as well as project implementation tasks, such travel is expected to be no more than 1 week every quarter. Ability to travel internationally is also a plus, but such travel would be rare.
Must be able to pass a very extensive background investigation, including Criminal, Public Records and Credit Checks
The Sr. Technology Support Engineer is a key part of the technology team, reporting to the Manager, Technology Support Services. The primary focus for this position will be supporting the enterprise, with a secondary focus of executive support.
This position is responsible for 24x7 operations of technology systems and solutions with the primary task of troubleshooting and responding to issues as they arise. They will be the first point of contact for the enterprise and will escalate to other team members as needed. They will need to own issues, incidents and solutions and drive them to a satisfactory resolution or completion.
- Respond to user calls and emails regarding hardware and software problems, correcting those problems whenever possible and ensuring resolution to problems when other assistance is required
- Assist end-users in the advanced use and integration of software products to address business needs
- Maintain and troubleshoot hardware, including printers, PCs & peripherals, switches, etc.
- Maintain inventory and oversee asset management of all computer related hardware and software
- Provide accurate and creative solutions to customer problems of moderate nature to ensure customer productivity
- Provide project leadership as required for a wide range of IT and other operational projects which may include infrastructure upgrades, early piloting of devices or software to support productivity and/or initiatives
- Act as an escalation point, provide communication and coordination with customers, IT stakeholders and other internal or external partners for major incidents
- Respond to, research & resolve questions received via email, telephone calls & in person in a professional & timely manner
- Provide assistance in setting up and administering Video Conference system
- Manage office digital media content on visual displays
- Manage audio visual and control systems
- Assist in the development and execution of support plans for enterprise, divisional and other related systems
- Assist in the development and continual refinement of various support processes and SOPs
- Escalate problems to appropriate individuals or groups based on established guidelines and procedures
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of support and other services
- Provide service to customers after normal working hours, including weekends on an “on-call” basis in accordance with established support guidelines
- Perform other operational activities in support of systems maintenance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with a high degree of accuracy. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years experience working in Information Technology proving a successful track record
- In depth knowledge of: Windows desktop and server operating systems, Microsoft Office suite, business telephone systems, mobile phones and broadband technologies
- In depth knowledge of a broad range of personal productivity tools for executives including but not limited to iOS, Android, and emerging cloud based productivity tools and applications
- Intermediate knowledge of: Azure Active Directory, SharePoint, Dynamics, Exchange management tools, Office 365, Intune and supporting Windows based servers, basic computer information security and networking technologies
- Proficiency configuring, managing & troubleshooting Mac devices
- Experience developing & delivering training on various technologies, including the creation of user guides, leading brown bags & organizing in depth training sessions via third party vendors. Comfort & aptitude presenting & speaking in front of people strongly preferred
- Experience with operation and troubleshooting of integrated Audio/Visual systems including control and Video Teleconferencing technologies
- Excellent documentation of issues, solutions, procedures and all customer incidents and requests
- Experience in roles requiring confidentiality, good judgment, dependability, flexibility, discretion, diplomacy, and tact
- Strong organization and attention to detail skills,
- Ability to function at times with minimal supervision and demonstrate initiative in determining appropriate next steps
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with individuals at all levels inside and outside of the organization
- Must have a proven track record of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, requiring a high level of attention to detail while maintaining focus on the big picture
- Industry recognized technical certifications are a plus. This includes Microsoft, Cisco, and A+ certifications
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills (technical and non-technical)
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Capable of involvement in multiple projects through all life-cycle phases, ensuring they are in accordance with established direction and standards
- Experience with consumer electronics