Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client, a non-profit organization and website, with a search for a Senior Backend Engineer
in Bellevue, WA.
- Full time/Permanent
- Bellevue, WA - Local candidates only, please
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
The Senior Backend Engineer is a key member of the core technology team. This person will be setting the technology vision under the guidance of the Head of Technology.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Design and build software that enhances the data capabilities and help create a great customer experience.
- Partner with the data, product, and marketing teams to launch products and features.
- Mentor junior engineers and facilitate cross team communication.
- Work with the Head of Technology to define the technical vision.
- Be the voice of internal and external customers.
- Obsess over code quality, scalability, extensibility, and minimal operational costs.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years of professional industry experience in software engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in a programming language: Dot net core, Java, Scala, or Kotlin.
- Good grasp of database and NoSQL technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others and establish team-based outcomes.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Experience in mentoring junior engineers for best data practices.
- Experience managing junior engineers.
- Nonprofit experience.
- Experience in Azure cloud platform.
- Familiarity with React/Vue JS.