Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client, a non-profit organization and website, with a search for a Senior Data Engineer
in Bellevue, WA.
- Full time/Permanent
- Bellevue, WA - Local candidates only, please
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
The Senior Data Engineer position is a key member of the core technology team. This person will be responsible for rearchitecting our client's data model and building data ingestion pipelines for massive expansion.
Key Priorities and Responsibilities
Required Skills & Experience
- Take leadership role in defining data and data warehouse strategy.
- Lead design and build data architecture for our client's long-term vision.
- Build and maintain databases, data pipelines using latest frameworks and software.
- Work with backend engineers to codify the APIs.
- Work with business/product stakeholders.
- Define data direction.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Obsess on data scalability and extensibility.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of professional industry experience in data and database engineering
- 5+ years of experience in high quality SQL
- Experience in at least one of the major database technologies.
- Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others and establish team-based outcomes
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling.
- Experience in mentoring junior engineers for best data practices.
- Experience making data accessible to data warehouse and reporting.
- Master’s degree or higher
- Experience managing junior engineers
- Nonprofit experience
- Experience in Azure cloud SQL platform.
- Experience in NoSQL technologies.
- Experience in big data pipelines, spark, airflow etc.