Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client, a non-profit organization and website, with a search for a Senior Warehouse Engineer
in Bellevue, WA.
- Full time/Permanent
- Bellevue, WA - Local candidates only, please
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
The Data Warehouse Engineer is a key member of the core technology team. This person will be responsible for architecting our data warehousing and reporting capabilities.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Take leadership role in defining data and data warehouse strategy.
- Build data processing pipelines using Microsoft azure and third-party software.
- Gather requirements from the data, product, and analytics stakeholders and provide tailored creative solutions for maximum efficiency.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Provide guidance on good data discoverability practices.
- Build reporting infrastructure.
- Automate and optimize ETL jobs
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of professional industry experience in data, ETL and data modeling.
- 5+ years of experience in writing high quality ETL and big data processing pipelines.
- Experience in at least one of the major database technologies.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling.
- Experience communicating with senior management as well as with colleagues from engineering, analytics, and business backgrounds.
- Proficiency in Python or other similar languages.
- Experience in handling operational excellence in DW via automation and documentation.
- Master’s degree or higher.
- Experience in Azure cloud big data platform.
- Experience in NoSQL technologies.
- Experience in big data pipelines, spark, map reduce etc.
- Experience in Tableau, Power BI, or a similar tool.