Since 2001 Hansell Tierney has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client, a SaaS for Security and Network Solutions, with a search for a Sr. Threat Intelligence Analyst.
Duration - Permanent/FTE
Location - Tacoma, WA - Local candidates only, please
The Sr. Threat Intelligence Analyst position is a hands on opportunity where you can immediately contribute to the success of the company, advance your career, gain new knowledge, and hone current skill sets. The Cyber Intelligence Unit in the office of the CTO conducts extensive research, investigations, and uses Pivot-Farm- Mine to proactively expand threat indicators, and develop actionable information in the form of IOCs, reports, lists, rules, indicators and warnings.
As Sr. Threat Intelligence Analyst, you will be partnering with other teams in Engineering and Product Management where you will work on both greenfield projects as well as existing products and services. You are an experienced intelligence and malware analyst. You are very familiar with intelligence processes, requirements, and collection. You have strong logic, correlation, analytical, communication skills and ability to develop deep understanding of attacker methods and objectives. You are experienced with malware research and able to build tools to assist automate analysis and reverse engineering tasks.
- Triage and respond to incidents or requests for analysis
- Collect, analyze and exploit data from various sources
- Develop actionable information in the form of technical indicators, reports, lists, rules, signatures, or indicators and warnings
- Perform analysis on new indicators to detect prior compromise
- Research new software vulnerabilities and develop exploits and detection algorithms
- Hunt for new network attacks and perform behavioral malware analysis
- Research emerging threats, threat actors, tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Develop and use predictive analytics to counter threats by tracking attack campaigns
- Must be a US Citizen
- 3-5 years of experience with Python and other scripting languages
- Familiar with use and administration of Max, Linux, and Windows
- Develop written intelligence reports
- Conduct intelligence-focused research
- Knowledge of information security threat types, their composition, and IOCs
- Knowledge of attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Commitment to self-study, and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security
- Experience analyzing common types of attacks
- Log analysis and experience reviewing security events
- Knowledge of intrusion analysis, network and host forensics
- API usage and design experience
- Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports, protocols, and traffic flow
- BS. in CS, CE or EE is required
- Master’s and/or PhD preferred