Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client, a groundbreaking aerospace and spaceflight company, with their search for a MR/Sr Planner.
- 6 month contract; potential for extension or permanent conversion
- Kent, WA
*US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
Work sponsorship is not available at this time.*
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for working closely with engineering design and company leadership to support all manufacturing efforts and production transition activities to build various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of the test and production for components and subsystems integrated on rocket launch vehicles and spacecraft. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention toward safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Translate engineering design and intent from models and drawings into action on the manufacturing floor.
- Interpret design engineering requirements to create work instructions that direct touch-labor technicians
- Maintain documentation pedigree to support human capable flight
- Create and maintain manufacturing plans and schedules
- Create and support daily/weekly/monthly reporting tools for manufacturing and schedule progress
- Develop overall procedures for hardware assembly and test and make real-time adjustments as needed to deal with production issues
- Direct support of assembly and installation, compliance to engineering requirements, and resolution of supplier discrepancies
- Support the development of test equipment and tooling to aid in the completion of test
- Lead projects to eliminate waste, reduce time-to-iteration, and improve outcomes
- Use continuous improvement tools to reduce defects, cycle time, and waste
- Develop metrics to measure work center performance
- Establish, implement, and maintain quality system processes that support products within a production environment
- Evaluate and respond to demand
- B.S. degree in engineering or physics discipline.
- 5+ years of demonstrated resourcefulness and execution within complex, rapidly-changing manufacturing environments.
- Project management skills consistent with leading a team including suppliers through the complex Production Transition phase.
- Familiarity with best practices regarding safety, the use of pneumatics, hydraulics, avionics, and cleanliness
- Possess and exhibits high judgement
- Excellent attention to detail and strong task ownership, someone who demonstrates pride in all work and willingness to perform low-level tasks when needed.
- Desire to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team, throughout the development and production phases of the product life-cycle.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with ERP systems, work order creation/management, and BOM structures.
- Experience in both development and production environments.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Hands-on experience working with avionics or fluid system components
- Experience and familiarity with fluid system component operation, including various types of valves, regulators, accumulators, meters and sensors.
- Experience with launch vehicle, aircraft, or spacecraft manufacturing and integration.
- Knowledge of systems engineering practices, manufacturing fabrication and assembly processes, and quality control
- Familiarity with common NDT methods, including visual, dye penetrant, ultrasound, x-ray, CT scan, Eddy Current, XRF scan
- Familiarity with surface finishes, coatings, seal geometries, materials, and applications.
- Familiarity with cleanliness levels best practices
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight.
- Experience with 3D CAD software, 2D and 3D engineering drawings
- Experience in small company, startup, or growth transition environments.
- Kaizen, Six Sigma, or related training.