is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are currently helping our client, USAFacts, with a search for a Backend Engineer to join their growing team. USAFacts is a non-profit, non-partisan civic initiative privately founded and funded by Steve Ballmer. The aim is to give the American public free access to comprehensive, contextual, and unbiased government data. USAFacts aggregates data on spending, revenue, and outcomes from over 70 different government sources, spanning the federal, state, and local levels. USAFacts also publishes an annual "10-K Report” modeled on the form public companies file with the SEC, as well as an Annual Report that a shareholder would receive. The initiative encourages fact-based debate and civic engagement which we believe is essential to our democracy.
Duration - Full time/Permanent
Location - Bellevue, WA
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
The Backend Engineer is a key member of the core technology team that USAFacts is building to tackle longer-term missions. The person will be responsible for working with other Senior engineers to build backend and data products.
Key Priorities & Responsibilities:
Required Experience and Skills:
- Design and build software that enhances the data capabilities and help
- Debug, diagnose and fix infrastructure issues and bugs
- Help the organization achieve operational excellence by reducing production issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years of professional industry experience in software engineering
- 1+ years of experience programming in a major language: .Net Core, Java, Scala, or Kotlin
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Master’s degree
- Experience in Azure cloud platform.
- Experience with Kotlin