Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client, a non-profit organization and website, with a search for a Backend Software Engineer
in Bellevue, WA.
- Full time/Permanent
- Bellevue, WA - Local candidates only, please
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
Position Summary & Purpose
This role is a key member of the core technology team that we are building in the Bellevue office to tackle our longer-term missions. The person will be working with other Senior engineers to build data products.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills
- Work with other engineers to design and build backend infrastructure.
- Support the website and operational needs as they arise.
- Help the organization achieve operational excellence by reducing production issues.
- Explore, learn, and apply new technologies to drive the tech capabilities forward.
To succeed in this role, the person should possess the following attributes and qualification:
Required Experience and Skills:
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of professional industry experience in software engineering.
- 3+ years of experience programming in a major language: Dot net core, Java, Scala, or Kotlin.
- Experience in Linux, Unix operating systems and container technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Master’s degree or higher.
- Experience in Azure cloud platform.
- Experience working in some DevOps capacity.
- Experience with software used to conduct security, code quality audits.