Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
We are currently helping our client, a non-profit organization and website, with a search for a DevOps / Backend Engineer
in Bellevue, WA.
- Full time/Permanent
- Bellevue, WA - Local candidates only, please
Work sponsorship is not available at this time
The DevOps / Backend Engineer is a key member of the core technology team that we are building in the Bellevue office to tackle our longer-term missions. This role will work collaboratively with the team to spearhead the DevOps stack for the organization and partly responsible for working with other Senior engineers to build data products.
Key Priorities and Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Build a scalable and secure core infrastructure using Azure cloud platform.
- Build tools and define processes to improve developer efficiency.
- Debug, diagnose, and fix infrastructure issue and bugs.
- Help the organization achieve operational excellence by reducing production issues.
- Design and build software that enhances the data capabilities and help create a great customer experience.
- Work with the Head of Technology to define the DevOps vision.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of professional industry experience in software engineering.
- 3+ years of experience programming in a major language: Dot net core, Java, Scala, or Kotlin.
- 1+ years of experience working in DevOps capacity.
- Experience supporting multiple teams with diverse tech stacks.
- Experience in Linux, Unix operating systems and container technologies.
- Experience in autoscaling, multi region/tenant architecture.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Master’s degree or higher.
- Experience in Azure cloud platform.
- Experience in Terraform, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Experience with software used to conduct security, code quality audits.