Hansell Tierney is helping our client, a large philanthropic organization, with a Contractor search
for 2 openings for Scrum Master.
Location - Seattle, WA (South Lake Union area)
Target Start Date - Jan 2020 (interviews and selection starting now)
Duration - 6 months (strong potential for extension)
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
Work sponsorship is not available at this time.
Scrum Master Job Responsibilities:
- Guides and coaches the Scrum Team on how to use Agile principles, Agile frameworks, or Scrum/Kanban methodology/practices to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Gets team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
Scrum Master Qualifications / Skills:
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Coaches the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Works with Scrum team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization by lend support as a resource to other people in IT that are acting as scrum masters (mostly PM’s).
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Active and energetic person who looks for ways to inspire the team on her or his feet. This is not a desk job - this is a stand-up and engage the team position
- A strong bias toward and deep knowledge of Agile methods over traditional Waterfall project management, but a healthy awareness of methods and practices in the latter. The best candidate will be a passionate Agilist and Scrum Master that knows about traditional Project Management, not a PM that has added Agile to their skills
- Experience in applying Agile principles to many types of efforts and projects, not necessarily software development
- Experience in working directly with a Product Owner to ensure high quality user stories
- Experience establishing a reliable delivery cadence through story estimation and continuous improvement
- Experience in helping teams define working agreements and other artifacts for team self-organization and success
- Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills
- Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
- Deep knowledge of Jira, Azure (Scrum Master #1)
- Deep knowledge of Jira, Confluence and understanding of basic GitHub concepts (Scrum Master #2)