Since 2001 Hansell Tierney
has been one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in Seattle Washington. As a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE), Hansell Tierney
was created to serve and staff Northwest companies by doing things the right way, not just the easiest. We strive to do better by partnering with candidates, treating your experience as one of our own, providing our candidates with interesting local opportunities, and handling every relationship with the highest level of customer service possible. Our business is built on the deep understanding of the job market and the ability to over-deliver on our promises.
is assisting our client with their search for a Sr. IT Project Manager.
Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills who is a clear and concise communicator, delivering messages effectively at various levels. They will direct a variety of resources and know how to motivate and get commitment from teams. They will be able to work in an environment which is changing.
10+ months w/chance of extension/conversion
Sponsorship not available at this time
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science, information technology, business management, information systems, or closely related field and eight years of experience in information technology project delivery or project management; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Project Management Professional (PMP) - highly preferred
Desired but not required:
- Project and operational management of a complex technology program.
- Principals and applications of critical thinking and analysis.
- Identifying and managing resource requirements to meet schedules and objectives.
- Actively leads risk mitigation and management. Leads problem resolution as issues arise.
- Procurement, inventory and asset management of IT services and equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) and proven ability to work effectively at all organizational levels
- Development experience a plus [scrum master, agile, working directly with developers]